When I wrote my first novel in third grade (about a girl with 10 brothers and sisters who went camping and had a lot of homework), I knew this was my career. While I’ve had the opportunity to write about every topic imaginable – from architecture to wolverines to canine cognition to wedding gowns – I focus on two areas:
Pet Brands and Editorial
For the past decade, I’ve covered all things pet. I combine my knowledge of the pet industry with my digital media expertise to deliver smart, strategic copy that attracts and converts an audience into loyal customers. I write for thriving pet brands like West Paw, The Honest Kitchen, and Chicken Soup for the Soul Pet Food. I cover the trade for BlogPaws and am a former contributor at Pet Age Magazine. I’ve written for Victoria Stilwell’s Positively.com. EcoSalon.com, NationalGeographic.com, Petside.com,Dublin Dog, ZooToo.com, and more. My ebook Clicker Dog Training: The Better Path to a Well-Behaved Pet was released by Open Air Publishing and was named a “can’t live without” by Daily Candy.
A handful of samples are below, or you can view more on Pinterest:
- Posts like this and this for The Honest Kitchen
- How to integrate dog design into home design
- The Nest: A Last Resort for Down and Out Dogs Bloom Magazine (opens a PDF)
- Staycations with Your Pet Pet Enthusiast Magazine (opens a PDF)
Whether it’s work, play, style, or – of course – pets, I cover lifestyle issues that women care about.
Some of my favorite articles are below, or you can view more on Pinterest:
- Happy Wellness Life contributor page
- Quarryland Men’s Chorus: A Choir with a Purpose Bloom Magazine
- Scary Sources of Germs in Your Kitchen SheKnows.com
- Lazy Environmentalist BUST Magazine (opens PDF)
- Budget Spa Treatments NicoleWilliams.com
I’ve also had the opportunity to teach writing and to speak to engaged audiences. If you’re interested in learning more or want to book an event, send me an email. Or, download my resume to get way more detail than you probably need!